Saturday, March 29, 2008

What?

"he exposed the sophisticated intellectual opposition to objective being and objective value for the naked folly that it was. "

Ummm. what? seriously guys. If you only had to read that sentence once and had full understanding of it then you are a freaking genius. Or maybe I should just go back to school. Who knows. Listen John Piper. If for some odd reason you decide to go on the Internet and read Ashley Hyltons Blog and see this.... Do you think you could maybe lay of the thesaurus?

I really want to read this book that the church gave us. Its called Don't Waste your life. I started reading it and it has great stories and outlook on things. But Let me tell you. I have never googled so many words in my life! You know the sentence above? that is how 90% of the book is. The other 10% that I can understand is great. But it would be wonderful if I could understand the rest of it. I know that writing should be creative, but if people cant understand it because it is to complex, then whats the point. Im not questioning your integrity Mr. Piper. Because the truth is, I might be the only person that cant understand what the heck you are talking about. And for my blogger friends. If you know what he is talking about. Don't tell me. just make me feel better and tell me you are just as confused as I am.

On that note. I will continue to read this book ..and Try to understand it to the best of my ability. but I'm not promising anything.

"existentialism was the air we breathed"

I have to admit. Existentialism was probably the first word I googled as I read this book. I learned that this meant "existence precedes essence." first you exist and then , by existing you create your own purpose, or meaning to life as opposed to deities or authorities creating it for you. I guess I learn something new everyday right?

anyway, he talked about Bob Dylans song Blowin in the Wind. (which is the first song Mrs. Elder taught me on guitar) "how many times must a man look up before he can see the sky?" He said "you may look up ten thousand times and say you don't see it. But that has absolutely no effect on its objective existence. It is there. And one day you will see it."

when I read this I instantly thought of Philippians 2:9-11.
"God has given him a name which is above every name – that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord"


I know that for most of you that is a common verse. To be honest I have heard it a millions times over and I have to admit that It never really hit me until now. I seriously cannot wait for that day. Have you ever pictured what it will be like? (alright. stop singing I can only imagine!) Imagine everyone, and I mean everyone, on their knees worshiping God at the same time. I think of Hume Lake, and how moved I am to see everyone with hands in the air worshiping God together. . Its a wonderful feeling to be surrounded by others that Love God like that . Take that feeling and multiply it by...I don't know, a million? I don't even think that is enough. I just know its going to be amazing and it will never go away. Not when you have an eternity in Heaven.

So, I'm sorry if that was a boring blog. I feel like a new christian that is hearing these amazing things for the first time. A part of me is sad about that, but happy that im finally getting somewhere. Im still learning, I guess we should never really stop learning right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really obvious that you are having a lot of body shinkage and a lot of spiritual growth, and I am really glad!

When I think of that bob dylan song, it reminds me of Forrest Gump, cause that's the only time i've ever heard it. Jenny only got about three lines into the song before she got boo'd off the stage from not taking the guitar off her "naked" body. I don't know why I said that.

Love ya!! Jay

Veralynn said...

Oh John Piper...
Golly!
These theological men have all this great insight and wisdom to share, too! Haha...someone needs to write, "John Piper for Dummies" 'cause I would totally buy it. Actually, I don't think I'm a dummy...I just don't use words like "existentialism" in daily life...

Tyler

Tyler
beautiful

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones