Thursday, February 01, 2007

new new new

So yeah..I totally got a new couch! Im so excited. Its look so much better then my old one..and it smells better and it doesnt give you back problems, and it actually matches!! yay, thats always a plus.. I will post some pictures for all of you that care.

I was reading Mike shaws page (he hates when I call him that!) and he had a good idea to look back at his resolutions. I think the best way to keep them is to keep acknowledging them..right? I think I have done a pretty good job so far. I havnt given up on my diet yet. I dont know how much I have lost because I refuse to weigh myself and be upset..Thats usually when I give up. I did notice that I am losing inches, but not much weight. And that is fine with me. I feel much better. The best thing I can do for myself is to just keep moving, drink crazy amounts of water, (not enough to kill myself though) and eat smaller portions..Its really working.

I think in a spiritual aspect I am doing much better. I strive to learn more about God everyday and I have noticed I give more things up to him. When I do that, things just get easier. Im not God, I cant fix everything and I have really learned to lean on him. I do need to work on reading my bible more. No. Not reading more, just studying. There is a difference.

For work. well, I guess I just need to go to bed earlier? 6 am is way early.

I think I am a loving person. And I show that I care. But I know I can work on calling people more. Maybe send out "thinking of you cards." lol I dont know. I just need to learn to not be afraid of people. My goal is to meet at least 3 new people at church on Sunday. Throw myself into it a little more. I also need to learn the names of the kids in the youth! oh my. there are so many of them!! But James made a good point. If you call them by name, they feel special because we have taken the time to learn it..and its true.

Patience..wow. I really need to work on that one.
Motivation
not being lazy!
teach more about God
learn more about God

There are so many. But the baby is crying now from his nap. (kid I nanny for)
so Im sure there is more to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi honey Buns!!! Ur so awesome!! just thought i'd let u know...I love u
stacy Aslanzadeh

Michael said...

Thanks for the shout out.

Anonymous said...

If you meet me @ church on sunday and will that count as a new person... Anyway thats good your not weighing yourself, your body can act weird when you lose weight. Just keep doing what you know is right and if there are results sweet, if not see a doctor, maybe you have some kinda issue... But serisouly like most things be patient and give it to God and nothing but his glory will come from it. Keep going part-time gym buddy!!

Anonymous said...

Ashley I can't wait to see your new couch.
love, Aunt Deb

Tyler

Tyler
beautiful

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones